Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
The Lounge Forums

Alex Mercer vs. Samus Aran

[Reply] #1
07-14-2009 11:05 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

Samus has standard equipment. To be considered standard, it must have appeared in 2 or more games. No one time items.

Alex has all powers and abilities. (Alex Mercer is the main character from Prototype if you didn’t know.)

The Battle takes place in a city. Let’s say Samus is visiting Earth (in the suit, of course) to investigate rumors of a Blacklight outbreak. There are a few people around. Samus is not yet aware of Alex, but he sees her as a threat.
--

Okay, we know Alex can survive a nuke, and is very fast, strong, and can consume others to gain more power. But I will say now that attempting to consume Samus would be the worst mistake of his viral life. Samus’s Metroid cells would absorb him, netting her the Blacklight Suit.

So, The Hunter against The Virus, who’s going home?


__________________

[Reply] #2
07-14-2009 11:09 PM
Joined: 09-06-2005
Posts: 55,740
offline
Ty-Ty
Ty-Ty
The Tyrtle
Rep: 108

Two things:
1. Don’t Metroid cells specifically absorb X-parasites, or did I miss something where they can absorb other types?
2. If her equipment has to appear in two or more games, aren’t her cells sort of not allowed since they only appeared in Fusion? (again, correct me if I’m wrong)


__________________


~By Trisha <3
“I is a fluffy with a plushy fuzzy turtle shell!"

[Reply] #3
07-14-2009 11:12 PM
Joined: 04-29-2007
Posts: 10,305
Hijacc
Hijacc
I will moderate the shit out of you.
Rep: 92

Mercer can repair him self on a molecular so.. who knows?


__________________

[Reply] #4
07-14-2009 11:26 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

The cells were more of a plot thing than equipment. They were the direct cause of the Fusion suit being created, though. Also Metroids absorb all energy types except kinetic; they were capable of draining the power cells from Federation weapons. I’m making an assumption, but I think it’s reasonable. Since Samus doesn’t have a Metroid’s teeth, I think she can only absorb things that come into contact with her blood, and from there, the Metroid cells. The Fuion suit allowed direct contact to the cells. It doesn’t matter if Mercer can’t get through her suit.

As well, the X-parasites seem to function similarly to a virus. Infecting and killing cells in order to reproduce. The Metroids were designed to counter them, yes, but it has more to do with how they feed. Since the X were basically clusters of proteins, conventional weapons didn’t work on them. The Metroids simply absorb the energy of every individual cell, something they can do to other creatures as well.


__________________

Edited 07-14-2009 11:28 PM by scenario
[Reply] #5
07-15-2009 02:09 AM
Joined: 04-21-2009
Posts: 122
offline
OriginalA
Regular
Rep: 14

The Fusion Suit is Federation Tech in part, so wouldn’t that factor it into equipment and segrigate out because of the 2 game rule? And doesn’t her normal power suit, the one that is featured in every single game except Fusion, seperate contact of Samus from other things, with exception to the things that have been known to infect other things by all sorts of bizzar means? Both Phazon and X, the only two things to get through her suit and into her, have been seen to be able to effect organic, inorganic, and even computer data.

But hey whatever, her plasma beam is shown to completely vaporize targets anyways so yeah. Charged Plasma Beam go. Or Screw Attack, or a stacked beam, or Power Bomb (yeah he can survive 1 nuke but how about 7? 50? 72?).

Power Bombs are not something that can just be shrugged off. They are the only weapon that can kill a metroid regardless of whatever special type of weapon is typically needed to kill them with only three exceptions. The Beam Metroids found in the impact crater? Power Bomb kills them in one shot. Tallon, Hunter, and Dark Metroids? One Power Bomb. Zebes Metroids that generally HAVE TO BE FROZEN? Three Power Bombs if they all hit twice, more if one or more hit only once. There are a few exceptions of course, but of the testable targets only the various Metroids from Fusion, which had a few interesting vulerability changes compared to all other 2D Metroids, and Metroid Prime (both Shell and Essance) are the only ones that cannot be harmed.

Then there is the fact that Mercer has to somehow get through her shields, which can casually shrug off terawatts of energy and physical attacks that can shred capital ship armor like a hot knife through butter. Actually he would have to get through that even if she didn’t have the suit as Zero Mission showed during the stealth portion.

Also there is a possibility of Samus calling in a bombing run via command visor. Now before you say “but that was only in MP3:C” I will point out that at the end of MP1 Samus uses some hand gestures over her arm cannon before summoning her ship, and then in MP3:C we see those same hand gestures again when the command visor is used. She obviously had the capacity to do this in both of those games even if the player could not.

I don’t see Mercer winning this one. He isn’t faster (Samus can hit Mach 1 at least; I think her ShineSpark in Super Metroid is around Mach 2), he doesn’t have superior firepower, he can’t evade her (she is agile enough to single wall jump both in and out of suit),and he doesn’t have a better reaction time (Samus has super sonic reflexes or else she wouldn’t be able to control herself during speed boosting). The only thing he has going for him is regereration but Samus has attacks that do whole body vaporization so he is truely screwed.

[Reply] #6
07-15-2009 02:11 AM
Joined: 07-12-2009
Posts: 1,233
offline
Omni-Man
Omni-Man
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

Hmm, tough thread. If he catches Samus, she’s done for. I’ve seen a few calcs on him. His best speed feat is moving from tip to tip of manhattan island in three minutes, ~100 meters/second. Calc’d by MJ Commando. Or we will go with the explanation that Manhattan Island in prototype is smaller than in real life, invalidating the feat. I don’t think MJ Commando took that into account.

Strength wise, he can destroy sixty ton battle tanks with a few blows. Can Samus withstand that attack?

He has insane regeneration, cellular level. He’s essentially a borg-esque virus, so if he infects Samus then he has all of Samus' knowledge. Assuming he infects her instead of simply eating her alive.




But Samus has some powerful weaponry. She should be able to blast him into a puddle, and keep him in a puddle, and eventually just turn him into something he can’t regenerate from with continued fire. She just has to keep a distance.

[Reply] #7
07-15-2009 02:07 PM
Joined: 04-21-2009
Posts: 122
offline
OriginalA
Regular
Rep: 14

Samus tanks nukes, and matter/anti matter blasts, phycic blasts, and terawatts of energy.

Do enlighten me on how you suppose that he can get past her armor and shields? Even if he does catch her, she still has the Screw Attack which will instantly turn him into a puddle or even less than that.

Samus’s running speed tops out to over 3 times Mercer’s best calculated speed assuming Manhatan is full size so no great advantage there for him. (mach 1 = 340 m/s vs Mercer’s ~100 m/s)

On of her weapons is a matter/antimatter auto tracking cannon called the Annihilation beam. One kilogram of matter and one kilogram of antimatter creates roughly 47 megatons of energy (compare to the 50 megatons of energy that was released by the largest nucklear bomb in history). Sure not every shot is at that yield, but she could deliver a good amount of that in short order. Also considering the fact that the Missile Combo of that weapon, which delivers a much more damage per shot than even a charged blast of it, travels at Mach 1 (it is called Sonic Boom for a reason) Mercer isn’t going to be dodging it.

[Reply] #8
07-15-2009 03:36 PM
Joined: 09-08-2007
Posts: 10,157
offline
zeta
zeta
Boy Gone Wild
Rep: 72

OriginalA wrote: Samus tanks nukes, and matter/anti matter blasts, phycic blasts, and terawatts of energy.

Do enlighten me on how you suppose that he can get past her armor and shields? Even if he does catch her, she still has the Screw Attack which will instantly turn him into a puddle or even less than that.

Samus’s running speed tops out to over 3 times Mercer’s best calculated speed assuming Manhatan is full size so no great advantage there for him. (mach 1 = 340 m/s vs Mercer’s ~100 m/s)

On of her weapons is a matter/antimatter auto tracking cannon called the Annihilation beam. One kilogram of matter and one kilogram of antimatter creates roughly 47 megatons of energy (compare to the 50 megatons of energy that was released by the largest nucklear bomb in history). Sure not every shot is at that yield, but she could deliver a good amount of that in short order. Also considering the fact that the Missile Combo of that weapon, which delivers a much more damage per shot than even a charged blast of it, travels at Mach 1 (it is called Sonic Boom for a reason) Mercer isn’t going to be dodging it.



huh?

Interesting, very interesting fella...

[Reply] #9
07-15-2009 04:07 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

I was simply saying that if Mercer attempts to infect her, she will absorb him. Of course, this is assuming he can even get past the armor. The Fusion suit allows anything to touch the Metroid cells; the Power suit does not. She has the Power suit in my above rules.

As well, Samus is not yet aware of Alex, and does not know what he looks like. He has one chance for a sneak attack before her wrath descends upon him. I know Samus is too much for him, that’s why I imposed a few limits.


__________________

[Reply] #10
07-15-2009 04:15 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 142

Samus can freeze him?


__________________

[Reply] #11
07-15-2009 06:51 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

Red_Calibur9 wrote: Samus can freeze him?


Both the ice beam and ice missile have appeared in 2 games. I’d say yes, and then shatter him into a million pieces. Whether or he can reform himself remains to be seen.


__________________

[Reply] #12
07-15-2009 07:01 PM
Joined: 10-17-2008
Posts: 5,188
offline
Machiavelli
Machiavelli
Dictatorships and genocides? Blame me.
Rep: 48

Alex can reform himself, it was shown in the game.
And he doesn’t try to infect people, that is what Greene does.

[Reply] #13
07-15-2009 07:04 PM
Joined: 07-12-2009
Posts: 1,233
offline
Omni-Man
Omni-Man
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

OriginalA wrote: Samus tanks nukes, and matter/anti matter blasts, phycic blasts, and terawatts of energy.


Cite a nuke example please.


Do enlighten me on how you suppose that he can get past her armor and shields?


Tentacles are the nemesis of all young nubile women. She will stand no chance.


Even if he does catch her, she still has the Screw Attack which will instantly turn him into a puddle or even less than that.


He can regenerate from that.


Samus’s running speed tops out to over 3 times Mercer’s best calculated speed assuming Manhatan is full size so no great advantage there for him. (mach 1 = 340 m/s vs Mercer’s ~100 m/s)



I thought she had to have a few seconds of acceleration before going into that speed. Alex can go from 0 to 100.


On of her weapons is a matter/antimatter auto tracking cannon called the Annihilation beam. One kilogram of matter and one kilogram of antimatter creates roughly 47 megatons of energy (compare to the 50 megatons of energy that was released by the largest nucklear bomb in history). Sure not every shot is at that yield, but she could deliver a good amount of that in short order.


You have evidence of how much anti-matter she carries on her at all times? If so, I would like to see it.

Edited 07-15-2009 07:04 PM by Omni-Man
[Reply] #14
07-15-2009 07:04 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

Dream of the Endless wrote: Alex can reform himself, it was shown in the game.
And he doesn’t try to infect people, that is what Greene does.


He consumes people by injecting them with Blacklight and absorbing that, doesn’t he?


__________________

[Reply] #15
07-15-2009 07:09 PM
Joined: 10-17-2008
Posts: 5,188
offline
Machiavelli
Machiavelli
Dictatorships and genocides? Blame me.
Rep: 48

scenario wrote:

Dream of the Endless wrote: Alex can reform himself, it was shown in the game.
And he doesn’t try to infect people, that is what Greene does.


He consumes people by injecting them with Blacklight and absorbing that, doesn’t he?


I’m pretty sure he just beats them to near death then absorbs them.

Because he was absorbing people before Greene unleashed the virus on Manhattan.

[Reply] #16
07-15-2009 07:16 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

Omni-Man wrote:
Cite a nuke example please.


Quadraxis Annihilator Beam. Matter/Antimatter weapon. The same one mentioned earlier in fact.



Tentacles are the nemesis of all young nubile women. She will stand no chance.


That is a horrible argument and an even worse joke.



He can regenerate from that.



By consuming something nearby.


I thought she had to have a few seconds of acceleration before going into that speed. Alex can go from 0 to 100.


She’s faster in the Manga.


You have evidence of how much anti-matter she carries on her at all times? If so, I would like to see it.


Dark Beam ammo is antimatter. She would have plenty if the Dark Beam wasn’t against the rules.


__________________

[Reply] #17
07-15-2009 07:19 PM
Joined: 11-22-2008
Posts: 22,206
offline
Krystopher Malus
Krystopher Malus
yukillrin
Rep: 128

Samus is faster, can shoot big lazahs, and has a multitude of different missile types, including ice missile. I’d say Samus.


__________________

I’m in hell

[Reply] #18
07-15-2009 07:22 PM
Joined: 10-17-2008
Posts: 5,188
offline
Machiavelli
Machiavelli
Dictatorships and genocides? Blame me.
Rep: 48

Also, Alex is neither dead or alive. I am not sure how that exactly works though.

[Reply] #19
07-15-2009 07:24 PM
Joined: 11-22-2008
Posts: 22,206
offline
Krystopher Malus
Krystopher Malus
yukillrin
Rep: 128

Dream of the Endless wrote: Also, Alex is neither dead or alive. I am not sure how that exactly works though.


That means he never lived.


__________________

I’m in hell

[Reply] #20
07-15-2009 07:24 PM
Joined: 07-12-2009
Posts: 1,233
offline
Omni-Man
Omni-Man
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

scenario wrote:

Omni-Man wrote:
Cite a nuke example please.


Quadraxis Annihilator Beam. Matter/Antimatter weapon. The same one mentioned earlier in fact.


Excellent. Now how much energy was in that?



That is a horrible argument and an even worse joke.


Har har har. Lighten up. As for what happens, Samus gets killed? What exactly is her durability?


By consuming something nearby.


Really? Are you basing this on the idea that a bird, a small crow, harbors enough energy and mass to reassemble a full grown man?

She’s faster in the Manga.


I thought we were discussing the games. In any case, alrighty.


Dark Beam ammo is antimatter. She would have plenty if the Dark Beam wasn’t against the rules.


So a few micrograms?

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:
Type the characters you see in the picture:
 
[More Options] [New Topic]
The Lounge Forums ( lounge.moviecodec.com ) ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact
MVC Network: MovieCodec Forums/Downloads -The Lounge Forums