Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
The Lounge Forums

Cosmic Armor Superman vs Living Tribunal and COIE AM

[Reply] #21
11-13-2011 06:50 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

@Rayn
So, superman=supreme being, as in he>>>the presence?

[Reply] #22
11-13-2011 09:49 PM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
So, superman=supreme being, as in he>>>the presence?



No, presence is the presence.

In Final Crisis, Primal Monitor was hinted as an omnipotent being, yet DC stated that the presence is the supreme being.

Presence is like Living Tribunal. Both of them are aware that they are fictional characters. Presence once stated that he was created by an eternal being which could only mean that he is aware that writers made him.

Doctor Doom, Living Tribunal and Presence are only characters I believe who mentioned anything regarding outside comic world.

Superman has never mentioned anything nor knowledge regarding world outside fictional world.

Edited 11-13-2011 09:51 PM by toyota1929
[Reply] #23
11-13-2011 09:51 PM
Joined: 01-31-2008
Posts: 54,933
offline
Chronarch
Chronarch
Power
Rep: 341

That doesn’t really mean anything. Deadpool is aware he is a fictional character too.


__________________

[Reply] #24
11-13-2011 11:04 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

@Rayn
Yeah, Primal Monitor is not omnipotent, neither is The Presence, and there are chars above The Presence, yet that dont know about the “outside influences” that created there verse, so theres no true omnipotent being in DC then
So, I have no idea who wins then

Edited 11-13-2011 11:44 PM by TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
[Reply] #25
11-13-2011 11:35 PM
Joined: 04-11-2011
Posts: 6,974
offline
Cameljockey
Cameljockey
Aesthetics
Rep: 107

can the author make the true omnipotent in his series say the author created him without contradicting omnipotence?


__________________

[Reply] #26
11-14-2011 12:14 AM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
Yeah, Primal Monitor is not omnipotent, neither is The Presence, and there are chars above The Presence, yet that dont know about the “outside influences” that created there verse, so theres no true omnipotent being in DC then
So, I have no idea who wins then



Primal Monitor was hinted to e an omnipotent being during Final Crisis. Presence is the Judeo-Christian God of DC which is also omnipotent.

There are omnipotent beings in DC.

I don’t really understand the new definition of new generation kids about omnipotence now, but those characters were hinted as omnipotent beings.

[Reply] #27
11-14-2011 12:19 AM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

Beyonder wrote: can the author make the true omnipotent in his series say the author created him without contradicting omnipotence?




That is their story, so yeah. Even you can create your own story and make all your characters omnipotent beings.

By the way, DC and Marvel has a lot of writers and authors. We should also keep that in mind. A lot of them are creating characters that even contradicts each others work.

A good example shall be Siseneg which Frank Brunner made to be the God of Marvel.

Edited 11-14-2011 12:21 AM by toyota1929
[Reply] #28
11-14-2011 12:25 AM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

@Rayn
I go by the dictionary, the all powerful definition = full omnipotent, the other definitions = nigh omni

Edited 11-14-2011 12:26 AM by TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
[Reply] #29
11-14-2011 04:32 AM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
I go by the dictionary, the all powerful definition = full omnipotent, the other definitions = nigh omni



Which dictionary? If you are going to go with real English dictionary most of it will say god, having virtually unlimited authority or influence(such as omnipotent ruler), almighty and unlimited power which both Primal Monitor and presence fit in.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipotent
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent
http://www.yourdictionary.com/omnipotent
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/omnipotent


By the way, you mentioned you are referring to the dictionary, can you show a real dictionary that shows a meaning of nigh omnipotent.

Edited 11-14-2011 04:35 AM by toyota1929
[Reply] #30
11-14-2011 04:07 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
I go by the dictionary, the all powerful definition = full omnipotent, the other definitions = nigh omni



Which dictionary? If you are going to go with real English dictionary most of it will say god, having virtually unlimited authority or influence(such as omnipotent ruler), almighty and unlimited power which both Primal Monitor and presence fit in.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipotent
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent
http://www.yourdictionary.com/omnipotent
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/omnipotent


By the way, you mentioned you are referring to the dictionary, can you show a real dictionary that shows a meaning of nigh omnipotent.



Several dictionaries, but Wikipedia is the easiest to find, there are several definitions of omnipotent,
And no, if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless
the “limitless” definition given for omnipotence is what is treated as omnipotence in forums, the other definitions are the ones that are treated as nigh omnipotence, nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words
And even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything straight

[Reply] #31
11-14-2011 04:43 PM
Joined: 04-11-2011
Posts: 6,974
offline
Cameljockey
Cameljockey
Aesthetics
Rep: 107

luckily for us there are no omnipotents in real life... only in fiction and they have no feats.


__________________

[Reply] #32
11-14-2011 04:47 PM
Joined: 04-11-2011
Posts: 6,974
offline
Cameljockey
Cameljockey
Aesthetics
Rep: 107

but seriously does a omnipotent need to be omniversal? what if a series has only one universe and the author states one character to be omnipotent of that verse?


__________________

[Reply] #33
11-14-2011 08:20 PM
111
Guest

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote:

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
I go by the dictionary, the all powerful definition = full omnipotent, the other definitions = nigh omni



Which dictionary? If you are going to go with real English dictionary most of it will say god, having virtually unlimited authority or influence(such as omnipotent ruler), almighty and unlimited power which both Primal Monitor and presence fi t in.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipotent
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent
http://www.yourdictionary.com/omnipotent
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/omnipotent


By the way, you mentioned you are referring to the dictionary, can you show a real dictionary that shows a meaning of nigh omnipotent.



Several dictionaries, but Wikipedia is the easiest to find, there are several definitions of omnipotent,
And no, if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless
the “limitless” definition given for omnipotence is what is treated as omnipotence in forums, the other definitions are the ones that are treated as nigh omnipotence, nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words
And even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything straight



this is stupid the guy already give a link that proves what it really means but this guy is denyinb it. Meriam webstee mentioned it could mean virutally limitless acording to the link yeg this guy is freaking denying it. thia is really stupid as hell

[Reply] #34
11-14-2011 09:05 PM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

111 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote:

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @Rayn
I go by the dictionary, the all powerful definition = full omnipotent, the other definitions = nigh omni



Which dictionary? If you are going to go with real English dictionary most of it will say god, having virtually unlimited authority or influence(such as omnipotent ruler), almighty and unlimited power which both Primal Monitor and presence fi t in.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipotent
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent
http://www.yourdictionary.com/omnipotent
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/omnipotent


By the way, you mentioned you are referring to the dictionary, can you show a real dictionary that shows a meaning of nigh omnipotent.



Several dictionaries, but Wikipedia is the easiest to find, there are several definitions of omnipotent,
And no, if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless
the “limitless” definition given for omnipotence is what is treated as omnipotence in forums, the other definitions are the ones that are treated as nigh omnipotence, nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words
And even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything straight



this is stupid the guy already give a link that proves what it really means but this guy is denyinb it. Meriam webstee mentioned it could mean virutally limitless acording to the link yeg this guy is freaking denying it. thia is really stupid as hell



I’m not gonna call him stupid like you for I believe he is a kid who doesn’t accept proofs that is being provided to him. He will just stick to what he believe. The “having virtually unlimited authority or influence” is from merriam-webster which is from Encyclopædia Britannica, both are well known resources that I even use when I was in college.

[Reply] #35
11-14-2011 09:24 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

@111
1 - Learn to write, you look really dumb when you call someone stupid but you dont even spell correctly in the same sentence you called him that
2 - Learn to read, as your response makes little sense if you actually payed attention to the context of my comment

@Rayn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence
I adressed you point by point with facts, kid

-“if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless " - FACT, or does a being that can not do anything it wishes enter the definition of an all powerful being?

-“nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words” - FACT, or am I wrong and nigh omnipotence is not more than 1 word?

-“even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything” - FACT, or am I wrong and omnipotence is not a word formed by 2 other words wich form it?

Seeming as I see nowhere on how you dismiss these points I say good night

[Reply] #36
11-14-2011 09:28 PM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @111
1 - Learn to write, you look really dumb when you call someone stupid but you dont even spell correctly in the same sentence you called him that
2 - Learn to read, as your response makes little sense if you actually payed attention to the context of my comment

@Rayn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence
I adressed you point by point with facts, kid

-“if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless " - FACT, or does a being that can not do anything it wishes enter the definition of an all powerful being?

-“nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words” - FACT, or am I wrong and nigh omnipotence is not more than 1 word?

-“even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything” - FACT, or am I wrong and omnipotence is not a word formed by 2 other words wich form it?

Seeming as I see nowhere on how you dismiss these points I say good night



You are comparing those sources I provide which are being use as a real reference to what wikipedia mentioned?

LOL!!!! Are you serious?

And again, Omnipotent also means GOd, The Presence is the God of DC, yet you are questioning his omnipotence? LOL

By the way kid, I am several years older than you or probably more than a decade.

By the way, so what you are telling me is, everybody means all body which is a part of the whole, which means head, feet, arms hair, nose and whatever are not included? LOL

Edited 11-14-2011 09:41 PM by toyota1929
[Reply] #37
11-14-2011 09:40 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @111
1 - Learn to write, you look really dumb when you call someone stupid but you dont even spell correctly in the same sentence you called him that
2 - Learn to read, as your response makes little sense if you actually payed attention to the context of my comment

@Rayn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence
I adressed you point by point with facts, kid

-“if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless " - FACT, or does a being that can not do anything it wishes enter the definition of an all powerful being?

-“nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words” - FACT, or am I wrong and nigh omnipotence is not more than 1 word?

-“even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything” - FACT, or am I wrong and omnipotence is not a word formed by 2 other words wich form it?

Seeming as I see nowhere on how you dismiss these points I say good night



You are comparing those sources I provide which are being use as a real reference to what wikipedia mentioned?

LOL!!!! Are you serious?

And again, Omnipotent also means GOd, The Presence is the God of DC, yet you are questioning his omnipotence? LOL

By the way kid, I am several years older than you or probably more than a decade.


I see you didnt even read the wikipedia article, considering it also has links in it to reliable sources.

That would be one of the definitions of omnipotence, wich like I already stated, there is more than 1 definition of omnipotence, and in forums, the ones that are not “limitless” are treated as nigh omnipotents, you should pay attention to what others write.
Ill put it simple, the definition that states a being can do everything = omnipotence in forums
definitions that dont make the being limitless = nigh omnipotent in forums

You couldnt debunk the points I mention I see, so ill take that as a concession on those topics.

And dont adress people in tones you dont like if you dont want to be adressed the same way, that would have avoided you getting mad, specially since you have no idea what my age is, but I can assure im not a kid, but when I was a kid, and studied, I was a 90+% average student without even studying what I was told at home, so dont try to dismiss me as your every day under 110 IQ kid.

Edited 11-14-2011 09:42 PM by TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
[Reply] #38
11-14-2011 09:48 PM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote:

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @111
1 - Learn to write, you look really dumb when you call someone stupid but you dont even spell correctly in the same sentence you called him that
2 - Learn to read, as your response makes little sense if you actually payed attention to the context of my comment

@Rayn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence
I adressed you point by point with facts, kid

-“if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless " - FACT, or does a being that can not do anything it wishes enter the definition of an all powerful being?

-“nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words” - FACT, or am I wrong and nigh omnipotence is not more than 1 word?

-“even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything” - FACT, or am I wrong and omnipotence is not a word formed by 2 other words wich form it?

Seeming as I see nowhere on how you dismiss these points I say good night



You are comparing those sources I provide which are being use as a real reference to what wikipedia mentioned?

LOL!!!! Are you serious?

And again, Omnipotent also means GOd, The Presence is the God of DC, yet you are questioning his omnipotence? LOL

By the way kid, I am several years older than you or probably more than a decade.


I see you didnt even read the wikipedia article, considering it also has links in it to reliable sources.

That would be one of the definitions of omnipotence, wich like I already stated, there is more than 1 definition of omnipotence, and in forums, the ones that are not “limitless” are treated as nigh omnipotents, you should pay attention to what others write.

You couldnt debunk the points I mention I see, so ill take that as a concession on those topics.

And dont adress people in tones you dont like if you dont want to be adressed the same way, that would have avoided you getting mad, specially since you have no idea what my age is, but I can assure im not a kid, but when I was a kid, and studied, I was a 90+% average student without even studying what I was told at home, so dont try to dismiss me as your every day under 120 IQ kid.




LOL at you, you have a typical response of a kid.

You are telling me that you are an intelligent person yet, you seem not to understand that anyone could modify whatever is written in wikipedia. You are also presenting a reason that wikipedia has links about it’s sources while denying that the links I resented are also valid and reliable sources.

LOL

This is going no where.

By the way, you are telling me not to address blah blah blah, yet you don’t try to check how you approach me? LOL


Last but not the least, can you also check those references wikipedia provided?

Edited 11-14-2011 09:59 PM by toyota1929
[Reply] #39
11-14-2011 10:00 PM
Joined: 03-02-2011
Posts: 721
offline
toyota1929
toyota1929
Regular
Rep: 10

@DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio
^^check what I posted above before you read this..




This is from your so called source the wikipedia


Between people of different faiths, or indeed between people of the same faith, the term omnipotent has been used to connote a number of different positions. These positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
A deity is able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible, i.e., pure agency.
A deity is able to do anything that it chooses to do.[1]
A deity is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity’s nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).
Hold that it is part of a deity’s nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent for said deity to go against its own laws unless there was a reason to do so.[2]
A deity is able to do anything that corresponds with its omniscience and therefore with its worldplan.
Under many philosophical definitions of the term “deity”, senses 2, 3 and 4 can be shown to be equivalent. However, on all understandings of omnipotence, it is generally held that a deity is able to intervene in the world by superseding the laws of physics, since they are not part of its nature, but the principles on which it has created the physical world. However many modern scholars (such as John Polkinghorne) hold that it is part of a deity’s nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent for a deity to go against its own laws unless there were an overwhelming reason to do so

Edited 11-14-2011 10:02 PM by toyota1929
[Reply] #40
11-14-2011 10:06 PM
Joined: 07-31-2011
Posts: 14,413
offline
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
TDS-A- Omniversal Vagabond
Just staring at the past
Rep: 152

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote:

rayn1984 wrote:

DS Aizen - La persona superiore a Dio wrote: @111
1 - Learn to write, you look really dumb when you call someone stupid but you dont even spell correctly in the same sentence you called him that
2 - Learn to read, as your response makes little sense if you actually payed attention to the context of my comment

@Rayn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence
I adressed you point by point with facts, kid

-“if you cant do anything and everything you dont fit in the definition you yourself gave by the way, a being who cant for example remake the omniverse to his will is not apt for the definition of omnipotence you gave since hes influence would be finite, not limitless " - FACT, or does a being that can not do anything it wishes enter the definition of an all powerful being?

-“nigh omnipotence is in fact 2 words, so I have no idea why someone would actually ask for a dictionary definition of it since dictionaries only give definitions of individual words” - FACT, or am I wrong and nigh omnipotence is not more than 1 word?

-“even without dictionary, its easy as hell to know what omnipotence means since it is 2 words put together, omni wich means all, and potence wich means the power to do something, so logically an omnipotence has the power to do anything” - FACT, or am I wrong and omnipotence is not a word formed by 2 other words wich form it?

Seeming as I see nowhere on how you dismiss these points I say good night



You are comparing those sources I provide which are being use as a real reference to what wikipedia mentioned?

LOL!!!! Are you serious?

And again, Omnipotent also means GOd, The Presence is the God of DC, yet you are questioning his omnipotence? LOL

By the way kid, I am several years older than you or probably more than a decade.


I see you didnt even read the wikipedia article, considering it also has links in it to reliable sources.

That would be one of the definitions of omnipotence, wich like I already stated, there is more than 1 definition of omnipotence, and in forums, the ones that are not “limitless” are treated as nigh omnipotents, you should pay attention to what others write.

You couldnt debunk the points I mention I see, so ill take that as a concession on those topics.

And dont adress people in tones you dont like if you dont want to be adressed the same way, that would have avoided you getting mad, specially since you have no idea what my age is, but I can assure im not a kid, but when I was a kid, and studied, I was a 90+% average student without even studying what I was told at home, so dont try to dismiss me as your every day under 120 IQ kid.




LOL at you, you have a typical response of a kid.

You are telling me that you are an intelligent person yet, you seem not to understand that anyone could modify whatever is written in wikipedia. You are also presenting a reason that wikipedia has links about it’s sources while denying that the links I resented are also valid and reliable sources.

LOL

This is going no where.

By the way, you are telling me not to address blah blah blah, yet you don’t try to check how you approach me? LOL


Last but not the least, can you also check those references wikipedia provided?



This is quite hypocritical, considering kid is a word often used for someone childish or immature, and it is quite immature to call someone a kid just because he disagrees with you.

Resorting to lying now are you?
When did I ever deny your links as valid proof? I just presented the fact that I have valid proof myself, the only thing similar to me “denying” your links is the fact that I stated what the meaning of the 2 words that compose omnipotent mean, and that therefore a finite being shouldnt be called such, but I also stated, that omnipotence has several meanings.

Indeed, it is going nowhere, it seems you are too caught up in your belief on that you have such superb knowledge, that you for some reason ignore the fact I already explained to you what the diference between full and nigh omnipotence is treated as in a forum.

Last but not least, yet again quite hypocritical, I did not approach you in any manner I shouldnt have untill you did such thing to me, so your point here is non-existant.

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:
Type the characters you see in the picture:
 
[More Options] [New Topic]
The Lounge Forums ( lounge.moviecodec.com ) ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact
MVC Network: MovieCodec Forums/Downloads -The Lounge Forums