Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
The Lounge Forums

MTG vs YGO vs Pokemon (Trading Card Game)

[Reply] #181
02-14-2013 12:24 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

Shoblongoo wrote: How about that fact that after 18 years of franchising, MTG is still going strong and still has an active international fan base that stretches from Paris to Singapore?


Going strong? In relation to what? Yu-Gi-Oh! is clearly outselling it.

Shoblongoo wrote: Two-decades of industry-standard excellence, in R&D and sales and organized league play.


More like sucking the juices Tolkien’s cock. I’ve already proved that M:TG is broken beyond repair. The only reason there’s league play is so that WotC can advertise their garbage product.

Shoblongoo wrote: Lets see what what Yu-Gi-Oh’s fanbase is looking like in another 10 years, when the kids who grew up with it and have been fans since the beginning no longer fall within the target demographic...


In 10 years more? The game is already over, Yu-Gi-Oh! won. Yu-Gi-Oh! got more successful in 10 years than M:TG did in 20 years.

You can tap your lands into your late 40’s for all I care. Yu-Gi-Oh! is more popular, it sells better, and it has for a long time.


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

[Reply] #182
02-14-2013 12:27 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

Shiki wrote: Wizard doesn’t keep track on how much card it sales as a main priority they already make millions on MTG sales each year.


Why doesn’t it surprise me that a M:TG fanboy has absolutely no grasp on how a corporate business works?

Your grammar doesn’t help your case either. Then again I’m being a bit hard on you. It’s not your fault that you were born a retard.


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

Edited 02-14-2013 12:27 AM by November Rain
[Reply] #183
02-14-2013 12:28 AM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 6,655
online
Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator
Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator
The Blunt King Needs His Blunt
Rep: 90



^That is indeed how it happens.


__________________

[Reply] #184
02-14-2013 12:29 AM
Gambattys pet chicken
Guest

Goku solos

[Reply] #185
02-14-2013 12:35 AM
Joined: 06-24-2012
Posts: 10,693
offline
OrganizationXV
OrganizationXV
The Assassin
Rep: 100

Gambattys pet chicken wrote: Goku solos


I use either Trap Hole or Doom Blade.


__________________

[Reply] #186
02-14-2013 12:36 AM
MTGfanatic
Guest

Konami is going keep on releasing broken cards for their whinny fanbase in the future. Its no wonder why you see so many people complain about how broken the cards and the game has become. Don’t believe me just type it in and see.

[Reply] #187
02-14-2013 12:40 AM
Gambattys dildo
Guest

November Rain wrote:

Shoblongoo wrote: How about that fact that after 18 years of franchising, MTG is still going strong and still has an active international fan base that stretches from Paris to Singapore?


Going strong? In relation to what? Yu-Gi-Oh! is clearly outselling it.

Shoblongoo wrote: Two-decades of industry-standard excellence, in R&D and sales and organized league play.


More like sucking the juices Tolkien’s cock. I’ve already proved that M:TG is broken beyond repair. The only reason there’s league play is so that WotC can advertise their garbage product.

Shoblongoo wrote: Lets see what what Yu-Gi-Oh’s fanbase is looking like in another 10 years, when the kids who grew up with it and have been fans since the beginning no longer fall within the target demographic...


In 10 years more? The game is already over, Yu-Gi-Oh! won. Yu-Gi-Oh! got more successful in 10 years than M:TG did in 20 years.

You can tap your lands into your late 40’s for all I care. Yu-Gi-Oh! is more popular, it sells better, and it has for a long time.

proof?

[Reply] #188
02-14-2013 12:43 AM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 6,876
offline
Warrior
Warrior
Of The Faint Smile
Rep: 66

MTGfanatic wrote: Konami is going keep on releasing broken cards for their whinny fanbase in the future. Its no wonder why you see so many people complain about how broken the cards and the game has become. Don’t believe me just type it in and see.



i’ve also see people who play magic all whinny and bitching about broken cards

[Reply] #189
02-14-2013 12:43 AM
Joined: 12-03-2012
Posts: 94
offline
Billy HickleBerry
Billy HickleBerry
Wannabe
Rep: 11

The only game I ever played here was Yu gi oh and it was mainly on Duel Network. The shit just got boring because everyone seems to rely heavily on archetypes deck. Everyone has a deck that’s already been seen countless time. I don’t know about you guys but it makes it easy to tell what your opponent is going to do because you seen it done before by someone with the same cards.


__________________

Edited 02-14-2013 12:51 AM by Billy HickleBerry
[Reply] #190
02-14-2013 12:44 AM
Gambattys pet cow
Guest

ROBOT wrote:

MTGfanatic wrote: Konami is going keep on releasing broken cards for their whinny fanbase in the future. Its no wonder why you see so many people complain about how broken the cards and the game has become. Don’t believe me just type it in and see.



i’ve also see people who play magic all whinny and bitching about broken cards

I know you are but what am I

[Reply] #191
02-14-2013 12:54 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bigger name. The fact that it came out later and outsold M:TG in half its time is a testament to that. And Yu-Gi-Oh! is more than just a card game in the Entertainment industry. M:TG just can’t compare.

And from what I’ve been reading on the D&D front, Wizards isn’t doing too well.

canthandlethetruth wrote: The only game I ever played here was Yu gi oh and it was mainly on Duel Network. The shit just got boring because everyone seems to rely heavily on archetypes deck.


That’s the case in both games. Check out the Tournament decks. The difference is that Yu-Gi-Oh! fans will point it out, while the M:TG fans seem to be oblivious to it.


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

[Reply] #192
02-14-2013 12:54 AM
Ganbattys sister
Guest

Gambattys pet cow wrote:

ROBOT wrote:

MTGfanatic wrote: Konami is going keep on releasing broken cards for their whinny fanbase in the future. Its no wonder why you see so many people complain about how broken the cards and the game has become. Don’t believe me just type it in and see.



i’ve also see people who play magic all whinny and bitching about broken cards

I know you are but what am I

right on bro!

[Reply] #193
02-14-2013 12:55 AM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 6,655
online
Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator
Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator
The Blunt King Needs His Blunt
Rep: 90

Gambattys pet chicken wrote: Goku solos



Squirrel Mob:



\/



\/



Your argument is invalid.


__________________

[Reply] #194
02-14-2013 12:58 AM
Joined: 06-24-2012
Posts: 10,693
offline
OrganizationXV
OrganizationXV
The Assassin
Rep: 100

November Rain wrote: M:TG just doesn’t compare.


If it truly couldn’t compare, then no one would be arguing the opposite. This is an opinion. There is no right and wrong opinion.


The whole thread is about which do you prefer, check the OP. Why does money matter if it’s personal opinion?


__________________

Edited 02-14-2013 12:59 AM by OrganizationXV
[Reply] #195
02-14-2013 12:58 AM
Gambattys pocket pussy
Guest

November Rain wrote: Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bigger name. The fact that it came out later and outsold M:TG in half its time is a testament to that. And Yu-Gi-Oh! is more than just a card game in the Entertainment industry. M:TG just can’t compare.

And from what I’ve been reading on the D&D front, Wizards isn’t doing too well.

canthandlethetruth wrote: The only game I ever played here was Yu gi oh and it was mainly on Duel Network. The shit just got boring because everyone seems to rely heavily on archetypes deck.


That’s the case in both games. Check out the Tournament decks. The difference is that Yu-Gi-Oh! fans will point it out, while the M:TG fans seem to be oblivious to it.

Where is your proof that ygo is more successful and popular

[Reply] #196
02-14-2013 12:59 AM
MTGfanatic
Guest

MTG has more people playing it than any other game. Konami is going to released another broken Archetype in the future just to get people to buy.

[Reply] #197
02-14-2013 01:02 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

OrganizationXV wrote:

November Rain wrote: M:TG just doesn’t compare.


If it truly couldn’t compare, then no one would be arguing the opposite. This is an opinion. There is no right and wrong opinion.


No, you could argue that dog shit tastes better than Snickers, but from a general standpoint you’d be wrong.

See. If a company is first out with a specific product, then by that merit alone people will be more inclined to appeal to it as other variants of it will loosely be referred to as knock-offs.

On top of that WotC had 10 years to develop a fan-base.

And Upper Deck shat on all of that.


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

[Reply] #198
02-14-2013 01:02 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

MTGfanatic wrote: MTG has more people playing it than any other game.


Prove it.


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

[Reply] #199
02-14-2013 01:04 AM
Gambattys pocket pussy
Guest

NR is scared to debate me.

[Reply] #200
02-14-2013 01:04 AM
Joined: 06-15-2011
Posts: 1,817
offline
November Rain
November Rain
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 74

Gambattys dildo wrote:

November Rain wrote:

Shoblongoo wrote: How about that fact that after 18 years of franchising, MTG is still going strong and still has an active international fan base that stretches from Paris to Singapore?


Going strong? In relation to what? Yu-Gi-Oh! is clearly outselling it.

Shoblongoo wrote: Two-decades of industry-standard excellence, in R&D and sales and organized league play.


More like sucking the juices Tolkien’s cock. I’ve already proved that M:TG is broken beyond repair. The only reason there’s league play is so that WotC can advertise their garbage product.

Shoblongoo wrote: Lets see what what Yu-Gi-Oh’s fanbase is looking like in another 10 years, when the kids who grew up with it and have been fans since the beginning no longer fall within the target demographic...


In 10 years more? The game is already over, Yu-Gi-Oh! won. Yu-Gi-Oh! got more successful in 10 years than M:TG did in 20 years.

You can tap your lands into your late 40’s for all I care. Yu-Gi-Oh! is more popular, it sells better, and it has for a long time.

proof?


http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-14/yu-gi-oh-sets-guinness-record-with-25.1-billion+cards


__________________

Broken members of Moviecodec (funny thread)

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:
Type the characters you see in the picture:
 
[More Options] [New Topic]
The Lounge Forums ( lounge.moviecodec.com ) ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact
MVC Network: MovieCodec Forums/Downloads -The Lounge Forums