Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
The Lounge Forums

Gogeta SSJ1's official power level.

[Reply] #1
06-18-2012 10:42 PM
Joined: 05-29-2012
Posts: 6,385
offline
The Merchant
The Merchant
Sith Lord
Rep: 81

Hey guys, in a recent V-jump issue, Gogetas power level was revealed. Also, according to this interview, Gogeta is a little bit stronger than Vegito, while Vegito is a more skilled martial artist. Then again, not sure how many of you would take Akira seriously, because of the speed of light comment. Oh, and the fusion dance multiplier is several-fold.

Akira Toriyama Interview by Nirazaki Tihashiberi
Super Otaku Magazine Issue #297

Toriyama-san has agreed to answer some questions for us today. Much thanks to Toriyama-san after the craze on the Majin Buu period. (Do note that this was not a cover story, and thus, short).

Nirazaki: Many fans have given positive feedback over the Majin Buu period. The inclusion of fusion was an unexpected twist. What gave you the idea?

Toriyama-san: Well in order to have a villain with so much strength, you need someone around that can rival him. Majin Buu is incredibly strong. Its not easy to create a character that can keep up. So I thought of making the characters fuse to create new characters without taking the focus off the main characters.

Nirazaki: There have been many changes since the Saiya-jins came to earth. Do you ever think about the progress?

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)

Nirazaki: There was uproar over the rematch between Son Goku and Bejita. Were you planning this the entire time?

Toriyama-san: (Laughs) It was more of a crowd pleaser. Son Gokuu and Bejita didnt have the opportunity to fight in the Seru period, and with a new saga to start with, it would not be hard to work in that kind of battle.

Nirazaki: Youve been telling everyone how this is the end. Will Doragonboru really end after Majin Buu?

Toriyama-san: Yes. Ive put so much time on Doragonboru I cant do much else. I never expected Doragonboru to be this long in the first place. I think its been concluded on a high note. After all, if I had my way, Id of ended the manga after the Freeza period! (Laughs)

Nirazaki: You like to laugh about this a lot. Will parting with Doragonboru be difficult?

Toriyama-san: On one side, Im relieved. On the other side, its like seeing a child move away.

Nirazaki: I know that a lot of people want to hear more about fusion. With Bejitto now in the story, will he play that big of a role? And most of all, is he stronger than Gojīta himself?

Toriyama-san: Well I dont know yet. Ive planned some things with Bejitto, but he wont be the focus of the entire saga. Youll see as things develop. As for their strength, Gojīta is a little bit stronger, but you wouldnt notice a difference. Still, Bejitto will always be the most skilled martial artist! (Smiles)

Nirazaki: What does that last part mean?

Toriyama-san: Youll find out.

Nirazaki: Ill remember that! One last question.

Toriyama-san: Make it good, you wont get a second chance! Kidding, Ill see you again.

Nirazaki: Is this the end of Doragonboru forever?

Toriyama-san: I dont want to shift the focus, so I have to keep certain things close to their roots.

“The Fusion Dance is a short series of poses that are performed by two characters of equal power levels and roughly equal size. In the series, the result of a correctly performed Fusion Dance is a superior being whose power is multiplied severalfold over that of the individual fusees”

“When one pair of Potara Earrings are worn by a single person they have no special properties. However, if two individuals each wear one earring on opposite ears, the true power of the artifacts is revealed. The earrings have the ability to fuse two people into a single entity, substantially enhancing the abilities of both individuals. The resulting fusion lasts forever, even if the fused being removes the earrings."

Gogeta SSJ1's official power level.


__________________

Edited 06-18-2012 11:10 PM by The Merchant
[Reply] #2
06-18-2012 10:48 PM
Joined: 03-01-2012
Posts: 10,544
offline
Buttlet
Buttlet
Go Team Victory!
Rep: 192

I wonder if it was worth typing it. no offense.


__________________

Deviantart: Always Accepting Commissions

[Reply] #3
06-18-2012 10:48 PM
Joined: 05-29-2012
Posts: 6,385
offline
The Merchant
The Merchant
Sith Lord
Rep: 81

Dr.Robotnik wrote: I wonder if it was worth typing it. no offense.



It’s called copy-pasta :P


__________________

[Reply] #4
06-18-2012 10:57 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

It doesn’t say the fusion dance multiplier is sevenfold, it says “severalfold."
Also i’ve seen a different translation of this interview b4. In that one, Akira talked about ssj3 gotenks being stronger than goku but he said the difference in power between the two was so slight that it wasn’t even noticeable. He also said goku was the more skilled fighter. I don’t know which translation is right but i doubt he was talking about gogeta and vegetto since gogeta doesn’t even appear in the manga. I believe he was prob talking about goku and gotenks.
As for him saying that Dragon ball is lightspeed, i don’t find that outrageous at all. I mean kid goku was dodging lightning with like a PL of 500 back in dragonball. It only makes sense that they became massively faster than that.

[Reply] #5
06-18-2012 11:02 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

This was what i was referring to:


Nirazaki: I know that a lot of people want to hear more about fusion. With Gotenkusu now in the story, will he play that big of a role? And most of all, is he stronger than Son Goku himself?

Toriyama-san: Well I dont know yet. Ive planned some things with Gotenkusu, but he wont be the focus of the entire saga. Youll see as things develop. As for their strength, Gotenkusu is a little bit stronger, but you wouldnt notice a difference. Still, Son Goku will always be the most skilled martial artist! (Smiles) But Gotenkusu will not be the only person to go higher than son Goku.

This is supposedly from the same interview in the same magazine but in this one, the interviewer asks AT about gotenks and goku not vegetto and gogeta.
Anyways, there’s a rumor that this specific interview might have been fake so all of this could be irrelevant

[Reply] #6
06-18-2012 11:08 PM
Joined: 05-29-2012
Posts: 6,385
offline
The Merchant
The Merchant
Sith Lord
Rep: 81

Prinz of Wakanda wrote: It doesn’t say the fusion dance multiplier is sevenfold, it says “severalfold."
Also i’ve seen a different translation of this interview b4. In that one, Akira talked about ssj3 gotenks being stronger than goku but he said the difference in power between the two was so slight that it wasn’t even noticeable. He also said goku was the more skilled fighter. I don’t know which translation is right but i doubt he was talking about gogeta and vegetto since gogeta doesn’t even appear in the manga. I believe he was prob talking about goku and gotenks.
As for him saying that Dragon ball is lightspeed, i don’t find that outrageous at all. I mean kid goku was dodging lightning with like a PL of 500 back in dragonball. It only makes sense that they became massively faster than that.



Screw my typos, lol. And I agree that high-tier DB characters are light-speed. And another translation? Hmm, that sounds plausible, but for the translations to talk about 2 different characters, that sounds iffy. Well, Gogeta is also a very popular character in Japan, what makes people think Akira would at least look at the popular non-canon stuff? He still has a say in it, like Lucas with SW.

EDIT:If this is all fake, then yeah, it is moot.


__________________

Edited 06-18-2012 11:12 PM by The Merchant
[Reply] #7
06-18-2012 11:16 PM
Joined: 06-16-2012
Posts: 2,963
offline
Lord P29 The Mastermind
Lord P29 The Mastermind
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 48

how can vegito be a more a skilled martial artist than vegito if there both made up of the same person XD

dbz logic is amazing


__________________

“I plan,I wait,I watch,and I enjoy
Im a mastermind. Nothing more nothing less”

[Reply] #8
06-18-2012 11:24 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

Person299 wrote: how can vegito be a more a skilled martial artist than vegito if there both made up of the same person XD

dbz logic is amazing



You are right. That is also one of the reasons why i believe AT might have been talking about goku and gotenks. That translation actually makes more sense that this one

[Reply] #9
06-19-2012 12:16 AM
Joined: 04-25-2012
Posts: 3,775
offline
Roelito
Roelito
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 80

In the anime the Potara earings generate more effect than the Fusion Dance, so based off that information you can tell that Super Vegito is greater than Super Gogeta.

Super Vegito > Kid Buu > Super Gogeta > BuuHan >= Super Janemba >= BuuTenks.

If not that then...

Super Vegito > Super Gogeta > Kid Buu > BuuHan >= Super Janemba > BuuTenks.

[Reply] #10
06-19-2012 03:36 AM
Joined: 10-29-2011
Posts: 3,962
offline
SuperSaqer
SuperSaqer
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 85

This power level is a fail. Heck, even SSjin Goku from the android saga is above this level. I think that thought that SSjin Goku stayed at the same level forever, and SSjin Vegeta is around the 130,000,000s. Anyway, it’s false IMO. As for the interview, it’s fake. In Japan, they say Majin Boo, not Majin Buu of the dub.

Super Vegetto >>>>> Gohan-Boo >>>>> Base Vegetto >= SSjin 3 Gogeta ~ Ultimate Gohan > SSjin 3 Gotenks > Evil Boo >> SSjin 2 Gogeta > SSjin 2 Gotenks >>>> SSjin Gogeta > SSjin Gotenks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Base Gogeta > Base Gotenks > SSjin Gotenks > SSjin 3 Goku > Pure Boo >> Fat Boo > Gray Boo >= Base Gotenks > Good Boo > SSjin 2 Goku ~ SSjin 2 Vegeta (Post-Majin Charm) >> SSjin 2 Vegeta > SSjin 2 Gohan > Super Perfect Cell >> Power Weighted Perfect Cell > Full Power Perfect Cell >> MSSjin Gohan > MSSjin Goku > SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Trunks >>>>>>> ASSjin Vegeta > ASSjin Trunks > SSjin Vegeta ~ Semi-Perfect Cell > SSjin Trunks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Base Vegeta > Base Trunks >>> SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Goku > SSjin Trunks > Piccolo > SSjin Gogeta (Official Power Level) >>>>>>>>>>>> SSjin Goku > 100% Freeza.


__________________

[Reply] #11
06-19-2012 01:16 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

SuperSaqer wrote: This power level is a fail. Heck, even SSjin Goku from the android saga is above this level. I think that thought that SSjin Goku stayed at the same level forever, and SSjin Vegeta is around the 130,000,000s. Anyway, it’s false IMO. As for the interview, it’s fake. In Japan, they say Majin Boo, not Majin Buu of the dub.

Super Vegetto >>>>> Gohan-Boo >>>>> Base Vegetto >= SSjin 3 Gogeta ~ Ultimate Gohan > SSjin 3 Gotenks > Evil Boo >> SSjin 2 Gogeta > SSjin 2 Gotenks >>>> SSjin Gogeta > SSjin Gotenks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Base Gogeta > Base Gotenks > SSjin Gotenks > SSjin 3 Goku > Pure Boo >> Fat Boo > Gray Boo >= Base Gotenks > Good Boo > SSjin 2 Goku ~ SSjin 2 Vegeta (Post-Majin Charm) >> SSjin 2 Vegeta > SSjin 2 Gohan > Super Perfect Cell >> Power Weighted Perfect Cell > Full Power Perfect Cell >> MSSjin Gohan > MSSjin Goku > SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Trunks >>>>>>> ASSjin Vegeta > ASSjin Trunks > SSjin Vegeta ~ Semi-Perfect Cell > SSjin Trunks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Base Vegeta > Base Trunks >>> SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Goku > SSjin Trunks > Piccolo > SSjin Gogeta (Official Power Level) >>>>>>>>>>>> SSjin Goku > 100% Freeza.



You are not helping yourself out with ignorant post like these.
There is no such thing as a ssj2 gotenks, ssj3 gogeta. I’m not even going to bother with the rest.

[Reply] #12
06-19-2012 01:17 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

Roelito911 wrote: In the anime the Potara earings generate more effect than the Fusion Dance, so based off that information you can tell that Super Vegito is greater than Super Gogeta.

Super Vegito > Kid Buu > Super Gogeta > BuuHan >= Super Janemba >= BuuTenks.

If not that then...

Super Vegito > Super Gogeta > Kid Buu > BuuHan >= Super Janemba > BuuTenks.



No. Kid buu shouldn’t even be compared to those aforementioned characters.

[Reply] #13
06-20-2012 05:12 PM
Joined: 08-08-2011
Posts: 1,095
online
Celestial
Celestial
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 43

Where was that Akira said that kidbuu is >>>>>>.> Buuhan?

Since no SSJ3 goku could not handle buuhan, so why the merger?

Giving to see clearly saying that he kidbuu is the villain strongest unfused, and that only goku SSJ3, Gotenks SSJ3 and mystic gohan could rival him.

in other words kidbuu=ssj3 goku=gohan mystic=ssj3 gotenks>>>>>SuperBuu>>>>>Fatbuu.

joining with the films:

Gogeta ssj2>>>>Vegito ssj>>>>>>>>Goku ssj3>>>>>>Hirudegarn>>>>>>>janemba>>>>>>ssj3 goku>>>kidbuu=ssj3 goku=gohan mystic=ssj3 gotenks>>>>>SuperBuu>>>>>Fatbuu.

if for the logic of kidbuu >>>>>>> buuhan.

then we have this here:
Vegito>>>>>>>kidbuu=SSJ3 Goku>>>>>>Buuhan>>>>>Buutenks>>>>gohan mystic>>>>ssj3 gotenks>>>>>SuperBuu>>>>>Fatbuu.

joining with the films:

Gogeta ssj2>>>>Vegito ssj>>>>>>>>Goku ssj3>>>>>>Hirudegarn>>>>>>>Janemba>>>>
kidbuu=SSJ3 Goku>>>>>>Buuhan>>>>>Buutenks>>>>gohan mystic>>>>ssj3 gotenks>>>>>SuperBuu>>>>>Fatbuu.

Now I thought of one thing, if he said that would need of the fusion for beat majin buu, he was referring to Buuhan, Buugotenks and superbuu when he said he needed new characters to rival majin buu (buuhan,Buugotenks and superbuu).


__________________

Edited 06-20-2012 05:29 PM by Celestial
[Reply] #14
06-20-2012 05:41 PM
Joined: 09-08-2011
Posts: 14,501
offline
Omniwhatever
Omniwhatever
Lightning God
Rep: 135

Super Otaku Magazine is fake you know.


__________________



~Dark Necter~ Embodiment of Chaos

[Reply] #15
06-20-2012 06:01 PM
Joined: 07-03-2011
Posts: 20,890
offline
Jin
Jin
Asianize the World - We are the Future
Rep: 172

That’s impossible because:
When you’re doing the fusion dance, you need to have the exact same power level in order to fuse.

1st example: Trunks had to lower his power level in order to fuse with Gotenks.
2nd example: Goku had to lower his power level in order to fuse with Vegeta.

HOWEVER...that rule doesn’t apply when you’re wearing the potara earrings.
You don’t need to have the exact same power level in order to fuse.
You can just wear the potara earrings and fuse automatically. Plus you don’t need to dance and waste your time.

So yes, the fusion dance does make you weaker than fusing with the potara earrings. (Since nobody needs to lower their power level)

Conclusion:
Base Vegito is stronger than Base Gogeta.
SSJ1 Vegito is stronger than SSJ1 Gogeta.

And if they wanted to, they can transform to the next level and reach SSJ2 and SSJ3 (Just like Gotenks).


__________________

Edited 06-20-2012 06:03 PM by Jin
[Reply] #16
06-20-2012 06:05 PM
Joined: 06-20-2012
Posts: 12
offline
trainer green
Wannabe
Rep: 1

well there you have it faggots, Dragon Ball is light speed!

[Reply] #17
06-20-2012 06:22 PM
Joined: 08-08-2011
Posts: 1,095
online
Celestial
Celestial
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 43

More v-jump is an official source, it turns out that the problem here must be some mistake in translation.

Broly (and as you can see, Cooler’s power level was 470 Million)




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Jump


__________________

[Reply] #18
06-20-2012 08:00 PM
Joined: 04-25-2012
Posts: 3,775
offline
Roelito
Roelito
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 80

Prinz of Wakanda wrote:

Roelito911 wrote: In the anime the Potara earings generate more effect than the Fusion Dance, so based off that information you can tell that Super Vegito is greater than Super Gogeta.

Super Vegito > Kid Buu > Super Gogeta > BuuHan >= Super Janemba >= BuuTenks.

If not that then...

Super Vegito > Super Gogeta > Kid Buu > BuuHan >= Super Janemba > BuuTenks.




No. Kid buu shouldn’t even be compared to those aforementioned characters.


What are you saying? Kid Buu is from the anime and manga, Gogeta is from the anime, I thnk we’re able to compare Kid Buu and Gogeta..

Edited 06-20-2012 08:01 PM by Roelito
[Reply] #19
06-20-2012 08:13 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

Roelito911 wrote:

Prinz of Wakanda wrote:

Roelito911 wrote: In the anime the Potara earings generate more effect than the Fusion Dance, so based off that information you can tell that Super Vegito is greater than Super Gogeta.

Super Vegito > Kid Buu > Super Gogeta > BuuHan >= Super Janemba >= BuuTenks.

If not that then...

Super Vegito > Super Gogeta > Kid Buu > BuuHan >= Super Janemba > BuuTenks.




No. Kid buu shouldn’t even be compared to those aforementioned characters.


What are you saying? Kid Buu is from the anime and manga, Gogeta is from the anime, I thnk we’re able to compare Kid Buu and Gogeta..



I meant you couldn’t compare kid buu to gogeta in terms of power. Kid buu is far below people like vegito, gogeta, buuhan and buutenks.

[Reply] #20
06-20-2012 09:22 PM
Joined: 05-31-2012
Posts: 2,281
offline
I am Necessary Evil
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 46

JayDragonBallZ wrote: That’s impossible because:
When you’re doing the fusion dance, you need to have the exact same power level in order to fuse.

1st example: Trunks had to lower his power level in order to fuse with Gotenks.
2nd example: Goku had to lower his power level in order to fuse with Vegeta.

HOWEVER...that rule doesn’t apply when you’re wearing the potara earrings.
You don’t need to have the exact same power level in order to fuse.
You can just wear the potara earrings and fuse automatically. Plus you don’t need to dance and waste your time.

So yes, the fusion dance does make you weaker than fusing with the potara earrings. (Since nobody needs to lower their power level)

Conclusion:
Base Vegito is stronger than Base Gogeta.
SSJ1 Vegito is stronger than SSJ1 Gogeta.

And if they wanted to, they can transform to the next level and reach SSJ2 and SSJ3 (Just like Gotenks).



Gotenks cannot transform into ssj2. the fact that he can transform into ssj3 is beyond me (it was prob only for plot reasons).
I also doubt that vegetto and gogeta can transform into ssj3.
Apart from that, you’ve made some reasonable arguments that i cannot dispute. So i’ll agree that vegetto is more powerful than gogeta. Although i like to think they have the same PL

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:
Type the characters you see in the picture:
 
[More Options] [New Topic]
The Lounge Forums ( lounge.moviecodec.com ) ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact
MVC Network: MovieCodec Forums/Downloads -The Lounge Forums