Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
The Lounge Forums

Super Saiyan One Goku = Sun Buster

#121
10-06-2010 09:48 PM
Joined: 08-19-2010
Posts: 2,101
offline
Blue
Blue
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 53

LJF Game 2.0 wrote:

Pilaf-sama wrote:

LJF Game 2.0 wrote:

Pilaf-sama wrote:

LJF Game 2.0 wrote: Kaioken is definatley linear in the speed, strength, and power categories.

But do PLs scale linearly like this? I don’t think so.


Yes because of kaioken’s effect on power levels.

Normal is 8000 speed/power is normal

Kaiokenx2 is 16000 speed /power is multiplied by 2

Kaiokenx3 is 24000 speed power is multiplied by three


SO a 24000 warrior is x3 times in speed and power than an 8000 warrior
And since 24000/8000 equals 3 then YES THE POWERLEVELS ARE LINEAR
Hope this explains it

Yeah but that’s Kaioken, Kaioken was confirmed linear.

But not PLs. Like when USSJ Trunks had a higher powerlevel than Perfect Cell, but his speed did not continue growing with his power level.


Considering that the kaioken technequ’es effects lies in raising the Ki which is the powerlevel, then PLs do work that way. The above example is enough to show that.

USSJ trunks is an exception because there is a wide increase in muscle mass when the power level shoots up, so it differs the scale.

That’s because Kaioken is a specific technique that boost PLs, speed, and strength.

Making kk linear, but just having higher PL =/= Linear with other attributes. It increases, but it’s not linear.


Yes it’s a specific technique but what is important is how kaioken affected the power level. It affected it in a way that is linear. When the speed was doubling the PL was doubling. If it wasn’t leniear then the numbers you would have let’s say is 8000(base) 10000(kx2) an 14000(kx3) not 8000 16000 24000.


__________________

#122
10-06-2010 09:50 PM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 21,687
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 178

its the technique itself that supposedly doubles everything. not that you could definitely quantify it unless we had a real number. like lets make a random number. goku can lift 15 tons in base but with 4 kaiken he can lift 4 times that.

but just because it has a number in it its accepted?

power levels are all over the place with stats.


__________________



#123
10-06-2010 09:53 PM
Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
Guest

Shoddragon wrote: statements from a pride shattered, angry saiyajin who even said he was the strongest person in the universe while knowing it was a lie, and that he couldn’t possibly be defeated by goku<<<<<<<<<<<< actual feats.


A pity that he knew that he was no match for Frieza thus he never said it - also he DID defeat Goku so your point is irrevelant.

Goku pushed himself beyond his limit to KKX4 in order to deflect that blast which proves it was a planet buster.

Of course it doesn’t match with actual feats or HURR DURR Vegeta overcoming Goku means no Planet Earth or heroes which means no story at all DURR HURR but you’re such a retarded hater than you ignore it.

#124
10-06-2010 09:53 PM
Joined: 08-30-2010
Posts: 5,497
offline
Quincy
Quincy
Yosh
Rep: 71

It doesn’t look like it was full-powered, Shoddragon. I’m pretty sure he made it a bit bigger just because it has a bigger capacity to “swallow energy”.

Super Saiyan One Goku = Sun Buster

#125
08-26-2011 03:52 PM
Tenkaichi Budokai
Guest

Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.

#126
08-26-2011 04:22 PM
Joined: 08-10-2011
Posts: 7,116
offline
ShredGuitarManiac
ShredGuitarManiac
Guitar player
Rep: 68

there’s one way to make consistent all of the feats and scale the right way.
it’s about mass, not gravity.
and that would make roshi’s feat consistent, and back up statements in sayian saga


__________________

#127
08-26-2011 04:24 PM
Joined: 08-09-2011
Posts: 2,232
offline
Oj Da Juiceman
Oj Da Juiceman
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 73

Thats correct


__________________

#128
08-26-2011 04:27 PM
Joined: 10-15-2009
Posts: 46,040
offline
Slade Robison
Slade Robison
Rapping like no tomorrow
Rep: 241

LOL Powerscaling. lol Sun Buster.
You all forget Sun feeds with particles.


__________________

Hurricane wrote: There’s always somebody, who really wants to make you fall
But you can rise above, rise above it all
Don’t listen to the lies, that try to make you feel so small
Cause you’re a hurricane, and you’re riding through the storm
Riding through the storm.

Edited 08-26-2011 04:27 PM by Slade Robison
#129
08-26-2011 05:21 PM
SMH
Guest

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

#130
08-26-2011 05:22 PM
Joined: 08-09-2011
Posts: 2,232
offline
Oj Da Juiceman
Oj Da Juiceman
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 73

SMH wrote:

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

Learn that real life logic=/fictional logic while your at it.


__________________

Edited 08-26-2011 05:23 PM by Oj Da Juiceman
#131
08-26-2011 05:28 PM
SMH
Guest

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

Learn that real life logic=/fictional logic while your at it.



First off, holy shit, way to fail at correcting grammar. It’s you’re as in “you are at it," not your as in the possessive. Second of all: if we don’t have to use real life logic here’ll, I’m gonna say that all celestial bodies in Dragonball are made of tissue paper.

#132
08-26-2011 05:39 PM
Joined: 08-09-2011
Posts: 2,232
offline
Oj Da Juiceman
Oj Da Juiceman
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 73

SMH wrote:

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

Learn that real life logic=/fictional logic while your at it.



First off, holy shit, way to fail at correcting grammar. It’s you’re as in “you are at it," not your as in the possessive. Second of all: if we don’t have to use real life logic here’ll, I’m gonna say that all celestial bodies in Dragonball are made of tissue paper.

So I made a little typo calm the fuck down . Also using your logic anything you can do in fiction, you can also do in real life?


__________________

Edited 08-26-2011 05:41 PM by Oj Da Juiceman
#133
08-26-2011 05:52 PM
SMH
Guest

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

Learn that real life logic=/fictional logic while your at it.



First off, holy shit, way to fail at correcting grammar. It’s you’re as in “you are at it," not your as in the possessive. Second of all: if we don’t have to use real life logic here’ll, I’m gonna say that all celestial bodies in Dragonball are made of tissue paper.

So I made a little typo calm the fuck down . Also using your logic anything you can do in fiction, you can also do in real life?



It didn’t seem like a typo because it was emphasized with italics, but I’ll drop it because I made a typo too.

I’m not saying that everything in fiction is possible in real life, I’m saying that many types of fictional feats have known real-life equivalents, such as star busting. The amount of energy required to overcome the gravitational binding energy of a star is known, so the amount of energy a sun buster would need to produce is known. The problem with saying “fiction =/= real life lol” is that it renders basically every fictional feat invalid because we’re no longer trying to quantify. Also, you’re using real life logic to analyze fiction already, so choosing to selectively apply it only to certain parts is hypocritical.

#134
08-26-2011 06:03 PM
Joined: 08-09-2011
Posts: 2,232
offline
Oj Da Juiceman
Oj Da Juiceman
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 73

SMH wrote:

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Murda Man Redd wrote:

SMH wrote:

Tenkaichi Budokai wrote: Goku as a Super Saiyan can easily destroy the sun. Since the sun has 12.7 times the gravity of earth, 12.7 times as much power is needed to destroy the sun. If the moon needs about 1,000PL, then Earth needs 6,000, and the sun will need about 78,000. He can destroy it with a super kamehameha wave in his base form let alone super saiyan.



Try 3 billion times the energy to destroy the Earth. Lrn3science while you’re at it.

Learn that real life logic=/fictional logic while your at it.



First off, holy shit, way to fail at correcting grammar. It’s you’re as in “you are at it," not your as in the possessive. Second of all: if we don’t have to use real life logic here’ll, I’m gonna say that all celestial bodies in Dragonball are made of tissue paper.

So I made a little typo calm the fuck down . Also using your logic anything you can do in fiction, you can also do in real life?



It didn’t seem like a typo because it was emphasized with italics, but I’ll drop it because I made a typo too.

I’m not saying that everything in fiction is possible in real life, I’m saying that many types of fictional feats have known real-life equivalents, such as star busting. The amount of energy required to overcome the gravitational binding energy of a star is known, so the amount of energy a sun buster would need to produce is known. The problem with saying “fiction =/= real life lol” is that it renders basically every fictional feat invalid because we’re no longer trying to quantify. Also, you’re using real life logic to analyze fiction already, so choosing to selectively apply it only to certain parts is hypocritical.

I may have worded my statment wrong but what you say is correct-for the most part anyway. My point was everything isnt always going to make perfect sense unless you are going to try and agrue that Akria really took all of the physics into consideration. I meant lets face it almost everything in DBZ verse is impossible in real life to begin with. Genes,magic dragons,capsules,ect? I can find a much better quote that sums this up much better but I’ll have to find it first.


__________________

Edited 08-26-2011 06:05 PM by Oj Da Juiceman
#135
08-28-2011 03:56 PM
Complicated Curly-Cue
Guest

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=star-wars-science-death-star
^I recently read a book called Science of star wars(i totally recommend you read it at school library betwn classes) which has to do with this topic- I don’t have it with me now but above leads to an exerpt from this book from renowned scientists^

“Mass not gravity. Try 3 million times as much power”
- Actually In disagree with this. Gravity is more important cause it has a direct correlation to density and the density of the object is what’s important. In the book, we are shown that the greater the mass, the greater the gravity, yet the larger the radii, the lower the gravity, so when both factors even out, g of sun is about 12.7 times greater than that of the earth by surface. Inner gravity is already accounted for cause we already know 1000 PL is enought to destroy moon. Density=m/v. If you look at the way these things work, you’ll see that gravity can be directly related to density.(Even though the factor would be abit different).Super Kamehameha wave is like a high power laser beam, if it is maintained long enough(all it need to do is peirce the surface and it will keep on going), it’ll go straight through the core and cause the whole planet to utterly blast. However, I suppose that if you were to totally vaporize the planet down to the last molecule, mass becomes more important but the point isn’t to vaporize the whole thing- all you have to do is destroy it, and my answer is still the same. SS GOku definitely haas enough power to utterly destroy the sun, causing instabilities in the stars internal function and force it to go supernova.

#136
06-02-2012 05:53 AM
SOULFULL
Guest

Satanel wrote: Freeza has destroyed a planet which has 10x the gravity of earth(Which means itís likely more denser or bigger than the earth) in just his base form and the kicker is that he didnít even exert all of the power he had in his base form when destroying it and there was also debris that expanded and flew quickly and everywhere when he destroyed it which takes more power than to simply bust it, so it definitely packed more energies than it would to take to destroy the Earth. Going by this, Friezaís atleast a Star buster at his 100% full power.

#137
06-02-2012 06:12 AM
Speed of Lightness
Guest

SOULFULL wrote:

Satanel wrote: Freeza has destroyed a planet which has 10x the gravity of earth(Which means itís likely more denser or bigger than the earth) in just his base form and the kicker is that he didnít even exert all of the power he had in his base form when destroying it and there was also debris that expanded and flew quickly and everywhere when he destroyed it which takes more power than to simply bust it, so it definitely packed more energies than it would to take to destroy the Earth. Going by this, Friezaís atleast a Star buster at his 100% full power.



Reviving an awful thread to post your terrible comment.. Hmm.

#138
06-03-2012 12:20 AM
Joined: 05-29-2012
Posts: 5,989
online
The Merchant
The Merchant
Maybe I am a little strong~
Rep: 78

Well, the sun can contain 1,000,000 earths. To destroy earth, you need a power level of 11,291. 11,291 x 1,000,000= 11,291,000,000. So, Goku SSJ1 from frieza saga, no. For Cell saga, probably.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s not size, it’s mass that’s important. The sun weighs
2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms

11,291 x by that equals what the required power level needed to bust our sun. Cell can bust our solar system, unless you think it’s hyperbole. So, their power levels seem to be huge.


__________________

Edited 06-03-2012 12:39 AM by The Merchant
#139
06-03-2012 06:22 AM
Joined: 07-07-2011
Posts: 3,044
offline
Silent Survivor
Silent Survivor
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 125

It rather depends on which SSJ Goku we are talking about.

return wrote: Well, the sun can contain 1,000,000 earths. To destroy earth, you need a power level of 11,291. 11,291 x 1,000,000= 11,291,000,000. So, Goku SSJ1 from frieza saga, no. For Cell saga, probably.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s not size, it’s mass that’s important. The sun weighs
2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms

11,291 x by that equals what the required power level needed to bust our sun. Cell can bust our solar system, unless you think it’s hyperbole. So, their power levels seem to be huge.


The sun isn’t 11’291 earths, it’s 333’000 earths

I know the exact amount of earth mass planets to our solar system, which is 333’446.612x



I’ll use this site as source.

The Sun = 333’000 earths

Now let us say that Vegeta could planet bust (18’000 pwl) or 14’580 as I posted here

Let’s jump to the highest stated powerlevel in DBZ, which was SSJ Goku with 150’000’000 according to the Daizenshuu

150’000’000 / 18’000 = 8’333
150’000’000 / 14’580 = 10’288

333’000 =/= 8’333 - 10’288


__________________

#140
07-03-2013 02:23 PM
VyZerd
Guest

The Doctor wrote:

Hybrid Theory wrote:

claudiu wrote:

Hybrid Theory wrote: No he didn’t; he sent Super Cooler flying into one.

It’s theoretical though. Super Cooler probably could have destroyed the sun of the Earth’s solar system since he contemplated it, which should mean SSJ Goku would be capable, but no hard proof here. Broly/Buu are confirmed galaxy destroyers let alone star busters.


broly maybe
buu multi planet buster


Buu is more of a galactic threat my friend. Watch DBZ episode 204 and kindly stfu.



is that why buu going all out destroyed a single planet?

and why him on a RAMPAGE still was only destroying planets? because he could galaxy bust right. buu would be like to be a sun level threat.

This sounds pretty much right

The Lounge Forums ( lounge.moviecodec.com ) ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact
MVC Network: MovieCodec Forums/Downloads -The Lounge Forums